Monday, December 15, 2008

Desert Snow

While I am grateful that I do not live in an area that faces severe winter weather on a regular basis (and I am sending lots of warm thoughts for those of you stuck in it), I do appreciate when it's chilly enough to cuddle up in a big sweater with a cup of coffee and a book. I don't particularly celebrating Christmas in warm weather; it just doesn't feel like the right kind of mood. Here in Vegas, we had been facing near-record highs for much of the fall, so I was thrilled to see that there was a cold front moving our way. And this morning...Jersey grabbed my hand and took me to stand outside in the snow! No, we're not new to the cold, white stuff (she was born and raised in NJ and I spent my college years in CT), but it's fun when it's not a common thing. The last time I saw this much snow in Vegas was five or six years ago.


This first picture was taken as I faced the front of my house. The next three pics are all from my neighborhood.


Now, I'm off to snuggle under a blanket and finish the second book in the Twilight series. I hope all of you are safe and sound!

2 comments:

Mrs. Chili said...

Isn't snow in Vegas a sign of a coming apocalypse?

Enjoy the sweaters, cocoa, and books!

Lara said...

ooh, how exciting! wouldn't it be awesome if we could have a white christmas? :)