Monday, November 24, 2008

How Do You Spell Relief?

K-I-T-C-H-E-N


Finally, my kitchen is back to normal. If you read my kitchen hell post from a couple of months ago, you may remember that it looked like this:


My repairs were supposed to last 2-3 weeks. In my own head, I translated that to a month. I am not at all thrilled that it took nearly two months and I'm grateful that everyone around me survived it. As much as I love my mom, I'm glad that I don't have to drive to her house every night for dinner (and my wallet is glad that I don't have such an easy excuse to hit happy hour). Jersey and I went grocery shopping this weekend and were able to fill our refrigerator and cupboards; I never thought I'd be so excited about that. I also decided to go ahead and get a new dishwasher, as long as the old one was already out, and I upgraded my countertop as a treat to myself.

The repairs got me onto a slight home improvement kick, so I have painted my home office (the use of which is about to increase dramatically - more on that in an upcoming post) and the downstairs bathroom. The living room and master bedroom will be painted, hopefully, by the end of the year. I also just slipcovered my living room furniture and got all new bedding for our bed. I will take pictures of all of it once everything is finished! YAY!

Any fun projects going on in your house?

1 comment:

Mrs. Chili said...

I'm SO jealous. My new kitchen took WAY longer than two months. I still don't have a master bathroom, and the addition project was started at the end of May... 2005....

Anyway, congratulations! It's gorgeous!