Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ten Things Tuesday

Ok, I'm on the bandwagon! Now, if I could just keep to this cool blogging schedule...

This theme was, as previously mentioned, stolen from Mrs. Chili. Thank you for the great idea.

"Ten trips Jersey and I plan to take (in no particular order)"

1. Western Canada - Specifically Vancouver, though I would not object to spending enough time to see more of the area. Actually, I'd love to take a road trip through California, Oregon, Washington, Canada, Montana, and Idaho.

2. Eastern Canada - Specifically Montreal. I have been to Montreal twice and loved it very much. Though I haven't been to France, Montreal seems very much like what a mini-France might be. The cobblestone streets, french cafes, street vendors...ah, it's just pretty.

3. Boston/Cape Cod - Jersey and I have both been to these places with our families and friends, but we'd love to experience them together. Plus, I've never been to P-town and would like to check it out. I know we'd both love to be able to see the beautiful autumn leaves, so maybe a trip next October...

4. Knott's Berry Farm (CA), Magic Mountain (CA), DisneyWorld (FL) - Ok, so this would be more than one trip, but it's all the same idea. I love amusement parks! I used to have a season pass to Magic Mountain, Knott's Berry Farm is where my parents met, and DisneyWorld is the super version of Disneyland (where Jersey and I went in May and will return to in February). I've been to all three...Jersey has only been to DisneyWorld.

5. Europe, Part 1 - Italy, France, Spain. I've always heard that the people in Spain are super friendly. And I can deal with all the Italian men who will grab my ass.

6. Texas - It's probably not a place in which Jersey and I should flaunt our relationship, but I have always had a good feeling in Texas. I've kinda hopped around the state, but I'd love to do the San Antonio Riverwalk with Jersey. And I've never, ever heard a bad thing about Austin, so I'd love to spend some time there. Plus, I have family outside of Ft. Worth.

7. Europe, Part 2 - Germany, the Netherlands. I think Jersey just really wants some beer. The Netherlands has plenty of vices as well. Hmmmm.

8. Notre Dame, Cleveland, Chicago - Ok, they're not right near each other, but I think they're close enough for a reasonable road trip. Jersey's got a thing for Notre Dame and the Cleveland Browns. I'd love to see the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Once we're in the general neighborhood, we might as well head up to Chicago. I haven't been there in years.

9. Fairfield University (CT) - I graduated from Fairfield several years ago and have only been back twice since. I went through a lot while I was there, moreso than the generic college student, but I really did love it there. I'd love to walk around campus with Jersey and remember the little things that I've forgotten.

10. Europe, Part 3 - England, Scotland, Ireland, Iceland. Arguably the most important of our Europe trips. Jersey is fiercely Irish. I've got a bit of that, along with the English and Icelandic background. Of all the European jaunts, this is the personal one.

I didn't include our upcoming trip to Jamaica because, well, that's already booked and paid for! I also didn't mention the many trips we will take to Southern CA (where I'm from) or New Jersey (where she's from), since those are regular trips we take each year. But this is a fun list and I look forward to crossing each one off!

4 comments:

Lara said...

and, of course, to the bay area! :)

Mrs. Chili said...

When you come to New England, you'd BETTER give me a heads-up so I can clear at least one day to spend with you two!

Louise said...

What terrific travel goals!

I lived in Iceland for a school year and have visited several more times. Maybe 5 or 6 or 7? I love to go there. From the little I know of you, I am sure you will like the visit.

Anonymous said...

If you go to P-town, let me know. I'll show you around.